Monday, December 3, 2012

Holiday Gift Wrap Ideas

I love receiving a gift-wrapped present.

But I think I love gift wrapping even more!

There's just something so hospitable about taking that extra time to pick out wrapping paper, ribbon, and bow to make a gift extra-special.  And whenever I wrap a gift I always do so with the recipient and occasion in mind.




That's why the Christmas season is one of my most-favorite times of the year. Not only do I get to gift wrap lots of presents...but I get to do so with a "theme" in mind.  I love challenging myself to gift wrap each recipient's present in a slightly different way from anyone else's gift...using the exact same materials and/or color scheme.

This year, I am loving the kraft paper and baker's twine look, but there are lots of beautiful gift wrap ideas out on the web.

Here are just a few of my favorites...

Kraft and Twine





Newspaper




Whimsical 




I hope this gives you some great ideas to start your holiday gift wrapping extravaganza!

And when your ready to do your wrapping, light a candle, cue the Christmas music, and allow yourself time to really appreciate the recipient and what he or she means to you in your life!


XXX  OOO

1 comment:

  1. oh you are soo right! I love to use unexpected containers and other things to make the wrapping part of the gift itself!

    Enjoy the blessings of the season!
    Leann

    ReplyDelete