Sunday, December 2, 2012

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year ~ Advent Wreaths

Happy Sunday!

I hope you have had a peaceful weekend.

We've been busy cleaning, decorating, and crafting here at Someday Farm.  I must say it's been a bit odd decorating the wrap-around porch in 70-degree weather on December 1st, but I'm not complaining!  But as Saturday slips into Sunday, I'd like to take a minute to encourage you to slow down...if even for just a few minutes today.






In our home, I really try to be intentional about focusing on the season of Advent with our three little ones. It is so easy when you're 8, 5, or 2-years old, to get caught up in the whole Santa/Christmas presents/me, me, me theme, and forget about the true meaning behind Christmas.




That's why each Christmas season, I not only do the Advent calender with my kids, but also light an Advent wreath. We do this each Sunday morning during the four weeks of Advent at breakfast time. It is a beautiful and peaceful way to start the day...and to remember the reason behind the season...celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ.


But even if you are not Christian or religious, keeping an Advent wreath might be a helpful reminder to slow down and take of yourself and your loved ones among the hustle and bustle of December! Perhaps you can sit for a few moments enjoying a cup of hot tea and a good read...or at the end of a long day soak in a luxurious bubble bath.




I am just smitten with this Advent wreath created from tiny terra cotta pots and moss...love it!




For more Advent wreath and calender ideas, visit my Advent Board on Pinterest.  And as Charles Dickens said,

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year."

Wishing you a peace-filled day,

XXX OOO

No comments:

Post a Comment