Friday, November 30, 2012

Whimsical Christmas Porch (Part 1)

I can hardly believe that it is November 30th.

It seems like just yesterday was Halloween and then Election Day.  I suppose this month has passed faster than normal for me since much of the month was spent recuperating from surgery.  So,  needless to say, I am feeling a bit behind in the decorating department.

That being said, I was super excited to see Beverly's email inviting us to share our holiday porch decorations and it was just the motivation I needed to get my jingle bells on!

Now, I just love, love, love my wrap-around porch.  It truly is the focal point of our home...a Greek Revival farmhouse that we built in 2001.  Unfortunately, it has been a bit neglected over this past summer and fall due to the drought and heatwave we experienced here in the Heartland.  She really does need a good sweeping and hosing down...

...but I didn't want to wait a moment longer to get the outdoor wreaths hung.  What are those lyrics...

"Haul out the holly;
Put up the tree before my spirit falls again."
~We Need a Little Christmas~

This year, with three little ones that are really into the Christmas spirit, my husband indulged their whimsical fancy and strung multi-colored Christmas lights on the exterior of our home.  And while I'm not really a fan of the multi-colored lights, I gotta say that with them shining brightly against our white farmhouse exterior they look really cute.

So, rather than go with my "Colonial Williamsburg" decorating theme that I had in mind last January while picking up wreaths from the Christmas clearance section of Michael's ,I decided to also indulge the kiddos and decorate using a more "whimsical Christmas" theme.  

I still have a lot of work to do, but I didn't want to be late for the party!  So, this afternoon I share with you my front door wreath (that still needs to be hung on the door!) and front porch window wreaths. I've also added the sled and two mini trees.  The sled was a gift from Santa when our daughter was 18-months old and the mini trees were purchased in the Ozarks.  I think they add the perfect whimsical touch for a Ozark-ish Mountain Christmas feel.

Enjoy!





Be sure to come back by for a visit early next week.  I hope to have the wreath hung...the garland strung...and the porch swing's pillows sewn and swung!

XXX OOO

Today I'm linking up with Beverly over at Pink Saturday.  Join the party to see other porches decked out for the holidays.


5 comments:

  1. Your farmhouse is a DREAM!!! I am very found of wrap around porches also. The wreaths look great and the little sled is so darling. Can't wait to see more.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a g rand farm house. I can vision how you will decorate it. No doubt it will be a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious Christmas designs, excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Valerie~
    Just so you know, I have that song in my head now. . . and I LOVE it! What a beautiful wreath too! Is that your home - it is lovely! Thank you so much for stopping by. I enjoyed your comment so much!

    ReplyDelete