Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Colorado Christmas

We spent Christmas in Colorado.

It was the first time our children ever saw mountains.  They were awed by their beauty and it was so much fun to experience the mountains again for the "first" time through their eyes!

Here was the view upon our arrival in Estes Park, Colorado...



Rosy cheeked children in the "warming hut" at Hidden Valley Sledding Area, 
Rocky Mountain National Park...



And a mini tour of our cabin.  We stayed at The Timber Creek Chalets.  


I can't believe I forgot to take pictures of our master bedroom...we had our own fireplace!  We rented a 3-bedroom cabin...one room for Mom and Dad, one room for Mary, and one room for the boys to share.

A few other moments captured...


Downtown Estes Park, Colorado at night.



Hot chocolate after sledding and snowshoeing in Rocky Mountain National Park...


Family Game Night means Trouble!
Beautiful memories created together and captured to last a lifetime.

Linking up with The Farmhouse Porch for their Cowgirl Up! Link Party.



XXX OOO
 

3 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower of your blog.I think it was the name that originally drew me. I used to want a farm too! What a wonderful place to spend a Christmas. Colorado was the place where I saw my first mountain too.
    Happy New Year!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you are a new blogger...welcome! I have only been blogging since April 2012 and I love it! Your children are just adorable! I am a new follower of your blog. Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun way to spend Christmas!

    Looks like everyone had fun!!

    Back to school tomorrow.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete