Friday, December 14, 2012

The Nutcracker Ballet

In light of this morning's tragedy in Newtown, CT, I'm not feeling particularly up to blogging about holiday decor...breakfast casseroles...sewing tutorials.

And while all those little things are important, because it is those little things that add up to make our days, I'm feeling a need to keep the television turned off, the radio dial tuned to Christmas music, and the computer shut down so that I can truly focus on being present with my loved ones.

Tonight, my sweet daughter and I have a date, compliments of Daddy!  We are headed downtown to see the evening performance of the Kansas City Ballet's The Nutcracker.


And while part of me feels guilty for going out and having a good time in light of a national tragedy, a different part of me feels it is necessary to show my daughter (who doesn't know what has happened) that life continues on...we don't stop living or loving or celebrating with those we love.  There is certainly a time to mourn, but there is also a time for celebration.

Tonight, I am honoring her innocence.

I leave you with these two sweet photos captured by our family photographer last Sunday...

...all the more meaningful today.

Our precious 8-year old.

Mama holding her sweet boys close to her.
I will be back tomorrow to visit all of you at the various linky parties I joined up with and to share a delicious breakfast casserole.

XXX OOO

1 comment:

  1. Life does go on and that is a good thing--enjoy your Mother-Daughter date. I love the Nutcracker.
    It is one of my favorite holiday activities.


    Enjoy your weekend.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete